The internet has scores of information on depression. Below are some helpful links that I find most informative on depression. My personal views on dealing with depression is rooted towards providing empathic supportive therapy towards identifying triggers, precipitating factors, and causes that attribute the depressive root. Through this process, I provide a positive environment in which the client can feel safe in exploring their moods and affective state. I challenge negative thoughts, beliefs and behaviors that reinforce the depressive cycle and promote change through self reflection and integration of newly formed positive beliefs into the person's life.
- What Is Depression?
- Dealing with Depression
- Medline Plus – News/Information on Depression
- WebMD – Causes of Depression
- What are the different forms of depression?
- What are the signs and symptoms of depression?
- What illnesses often co-exist with depression?
- What causes depression?
- Understanding Depression
- How is depression diagnosed and treated?
- How can I help a loved one who is depressed?
- How can I help myself if I am depressed?
- Where can I go for help?
- What if I or someone I know is in crisis?